Sister Hoof

Saturday, October 19, 2013

First MTC Email!

 Dear FAMILY AND FRIENDS! 
I made it ! I am so so happy to be here and I've honestly have had such an amazing time since I've been here! First three days have been such a roller coaster ! One minute I am literally on top of the world and think I have all of this figured out but than I am instantly humbled and find that there is still so much to learn. 
first day was very over whelming giving not in a bad way but there is so much to learn and you just don't want to miss any of it. I don't think it has really hit me that I will be gone for 18 months although it does feel like it has already been a month! Just because I consider my district as my family! I don't think I will become home-sick, but I do have to say MOM I miss your cooking!  
There is only been one struggle that I've faced so far and that is my comp. She is so sweet and down to earth and we honestly get along so well ! Her testimony is so strong but the struggle I see that she is facing with is teaching. As soon as we are thrown into role play she freezes. At first I thought is was me and that I was not allowing her to talk ! But she just explained that is was more difficult for her to find the right words.  mom and dad you know me and my patience haha well I was instantly getting frustrated when she wasn't talking or opening up to me but I read this scripture D&C 43:6 and it talks about having patience and being patient my zone leader had asked me if I knew what that meant;what was the difference because they were preparing for a lesson. It took me awhile and than it had hit me! I do have patience but with myself. But I needed to learn to  be patience with my companion." Honestly from that moment on, I was overwhelmed with the spirit! I don't know man this whole thing being set apart really is powerful! I am so excited to go out and SERVE. please though keep her in your prayers that she will feel prompted and will want to speak!
  The other sisters we room with have been such a great support ! And we as a group get along so well! one of them actually is from England and often will make fun of us Americans and how we speak. For some reason I find myself talking like her every once in awhile. Not trying to offend of course but it happens. Well I don't have that much time just wanted to tell you I love you mom and dad and I am so happy I am here! these 18 months will be the best! 

                               Love sister Hoof

No comments:

Post a Comment